Learn how to use the Thai medical system to your advantage. More than a book, Medical Insurance in Thailand is a comprehensive, interactive guide that will not only lead you through the Thai healthcare system, but save you up to 50% along the way.
• Full descriptions of Thai hospitals: the 3-tier Thai medical system, their standards of care and certifications.
• Video interviews of expats describing their medical and insurance experience in Thailand
• Seven insurance strategies: from no insurance – all the way through to full, gold-plated International policies.
• Sample insurance rates and exclusions.
• Illustrated charts.
• Frank, personal anecdotes from farangs who've tried to manage their health coverage alone (and their mistakes).
• Comparative medical procedure charges and coverage.
• Live links to trustworthy insurers.
• Tips like how to get a 50% discount from most hospitals for repeat visits.
Thailand's medical system is very different from our own. The high end is very high indeed, with most care of much higher quality than we're accustomed to at home. Service is much quicker, waiting times to see foreign-trained specialists much shorter (usually 20 minutes, without an appointment).
I was quoted $7,000 for 2 eye operations in California so I went to Thailand instead. I had the vacation of a lifetime (traveled all over SE Asia), completed the surgeries, came home with perfect eyesight and still had $1,000 in my pocket. I'll tell you how you can, too. Even help you.
Contents & Checklists From the Book
Even if you don't plan to get health coverage in Thailand this book will be of immense help: its self-insurance chapter is funny, gripping and extremely useful: it tells you how to get accident coverage from your bank (for peanuts) and where to get surgery for a few hundred dollars.BUY EBOOK FROM AMAZON